Conveyors transfer the PCB through an SMT assembly line and most PCB assembly processes.
A fully automated SMT line often includes the following conveyors:
- Destacker or Magazine Handler to load the line
- Transfer Conveyors pass PCBs from one machine to the next
- Gates (either Shuttle or Lift) create a walkway through the assembly line
- FIFO Buffers store boards when an upline process is busy
- Diverters rotate to change the transfer direction, while Inverters flip the top side of the board
- Workstations provide a comfortable and functional area for manual intervention. (i.e. inspection, hand assembly, etc.)
- Magazine Handlers or Roller Chain conveyors are used to collect finished boards.
Most conveyors use off-the-shelf components, so spare parts are often readily available from many 3rd party sources.
Some common brands for PCB Conveyors include:
JOT, Conveyor Tech, Simplimatic, Nutek, FlexLink, Asys, and Universal
If you don't find the conveyors you require, please contact sales. We also carry new conveyors!
No matching content found.